New toy

May 12, 2010 · 2 comments

I’m typing this on my bluetooth keyboard. It, in itself, is pretty damn cool.

But the cooler part is that I’m typing on this keyboard that is “connected” to my iPad. Yes, I totally caved and bought one for myself for Mother’s Day. I deserve it!! It was fate…I had a few minutes downtime at work this morning so, on a whim, I called the local Apple store to see if they had any in. Less than 5 minutes later I was on my way. (I’d called a number of stores for the past 4 days and had no luck at all, so this was definitely a sign!).

Anyway, I loved the idea of having something larger to read on – books, blogs, twitter, etc. that wasn’t as big and cumbersome as my laptop. My laptop is used for the aforementioned tasks about 85% of the time, the other 15% is split between doing stuff for work and playing with photoshop.


Oops, that was yesterday…I’m totally in love with this thing…especially the fact that I can lay here on the couch with it propped up in front of me, typing out a blog post and in a few minutes, I’ll pick it up and take it to bed with me.

My iphone screen looks pretty still, but it seems small now (which is hilarious because everyone thinks it is so big for a phone!).

The boys are getting a huge kick out of it – both Matt and Preston have discovered the fun that is Plants vs. Zombies as well as a coloring app I downloaded today.

I still need to get some more shows on it (hey, NBC, how about a player app like ABC?) and I don’t have my calendar or any photos on it yet, but I’m getting settled in.

Reading books is AMAZING. Indeed, it is SO lovely that I will be selling my Kindle shortly. The Kindle app, plus the iBooks app definitely meets all of my book reading needs. So pretty.

Still trying to find the right feed reader, but I am trying a couple out. I need it to sync with Google Reader and would love to be able to read offline, just in case I’m not in wi-fi range.

So….do YOU have an iPad? What are you using most on it? Are you loving it? What kind of case do you have??

hehe…it just occurred to me… Mike has complained in the past about my iphone seeming like a flashlight when I use it in bed…this thing will be like a spotlight! 🙂

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

foradifferentkindofgirl (fadkog) May 14, 2010 at 12:01 am

I guess you could say I have one by proxy, but really, my husband hasn’t let me even breath on his much, let alone mess around with it.

Heh…story of my life!


HOWEVER, he just found out that, if he earns enough points in this incentive program his employer offers, he can cash in his points for an iPad. Guess who is getting a darn iPad of her own when that happens!


ThePeachy1 May 14, 2010 at 12:56 am

couch + technology = AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: